Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I feel like a bad mama

I keep hurting my son...
I've caused him to bleed three times in his short life of just 8 weeks.
First I was peeling his toenails because I was too scared to clip them and he jerked his leg causing it too peel too low and bleed.
Second I was clipping his fingernails (due to the previous incident) after several successful nail clippings, but somehow managed to clip too low on one finger and again, bleeding.
Third- today I was taking him out of his wrap and somehow scratched his face!!!
He didn't cry any of the times... I cried all three.
I feel like a bad mama. My poor sweet boy :(

3 comments:

  1. you are soooo not a bad mama! those nails can be tricky...i use a nail file and just file them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO not a bad mom!!! Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. Nail… they are the hardest freaking things to do and scratches… well, they can take um’. Don’t be so hard on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! we had a owie-free nail trimming today. I tried the scissors for the first time and they worked pretty well. I tried them on myself first, haha!
    I tried filing but felt like I was going to rub his little fingers too much and it seemed like with how flimsy baby nails are it was just making them sharper!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site