Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gymnastics Class!

This morning Kai had his very first gymnastics class. I snagged a groupon a few months back and knew it would come in handy when the weather started to cool down and my rowdy little boy would need a physical outlet. As I sat Kai down for the 10th time this morning to try to explain why he can't crush his baby brother, I was so thankful for the foresight I had in scheduling this little class for him.

A good friend came over to watch Desmond and away Malakai and I went. I hadn't told him about the class until today and he was already excited when I explained some of the things he'd get to do. He was especially looking forward to "jumping way up high!". I prepared him for having to let other kids take turns and that he'd have to listen to his teacher.

When we got there, I signed a few releases while his teacher introduced himself and asked Malakai his name and age. He answered proudly, "Kai...THREE!" (with his 3 fingers held high). Then we sat to wait for the class to start. He was really anxious to get out onto the mats, but waited rather patiently all the same.

At 11am he and just ONE other child, a 3 year old girl, followed the 2 teachers out to the mats. He listened attentively, followed directions, and learned quickly. I knew he was capable of all of these great things, but some days (most days) he doesn't perform them so perfectly for me at home. I was smiling the entire time, and so was he.

The little girl's mother, who had been bringing her daughter there for a year, was really impressed with Kai's abilities. Of course I was really proud to hear that. What a fun morning to watch my little sprout go off "by himself", take a class and excel.



It was so nice to have his first time be on a slow day, Kai could "ease" into it. Although, I'm not sure he really needed to.

{high five the big hand!}

{flamingo!}

He was so well worn out at the end he immediately asked for a PBJ. We talked about coming again soon and he got really excited. I can't wait for Ben to come and watch our kiddo shine!


2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh look at him doing everything! So cute! I have been thinking that we will need to find something like this over the winter or Jack if going to bust through the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh look at him doing everything! So cute! I have been thinking that we will need to find something like this over the winter or Jack if going to bust through the walls!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site