Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Quick + Easy Fruit Cobbler Recipe {using cake mix!}

I'd like to come back from yet another inadvertent blogging hiatus (such is summer-time) with a delicious recipe that you should probably go ahead and plan on making tonight...which is right now. 




There are a few versions of this on the internet, but this one is the easiest in my opinion. It's not SUPER quick in terms of the baking time, but good things come to those who wait. 

My Great-Grandma's blueberry cobbler was always one of my favorites growing up. Buttery + sweet, perfectly delicious. Imagine my surprise when I asked my mom for the recipe a couple years ago and it ended up being this easy...

Ingredients:
  • 1 box white cake mix (I'm sure yellow would work just fine as well)
  • enough fruit to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. 
  • 1 stick of butter
Seriously, that's it. 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread fruit across bottom of 9x13 pan (this recipe can be halved as well, I use an 8 inch pie pan)
Sprinkle cake mix evenly across the fruit. Slice butter thinly and layer on top of cake mix. Don't stir, just let the layers mix when the butter melts. 
Bake until brown and bubbly. The edges will brown first, but don't take it out until the center is golden brown, even though the edges will darken. For my oven it takes 30-45 minutes. 

I've made this cobbler 4 times this year using blueberries (even straight from the freezer), fresh picked plums, fresh picked peaches and tonight's is a combination of peaches + blueberries. 

{blueberries + peaches}

You MUST eat it hot, topped with vanilla ice cream...unless you're having it for breakfast, then it's perfectly acceptable (and delicious) to eat it cold, straight out of the fridge. I'm all about desserts for breakfast. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site