Friday, October 4, 2013

every 4-6 weeks

That's about how often I've been posting lately. I'm okay with that, life is for living. The internet has become sort of over rated for me. I guess I've become a bit disenchanted with social networking or how it can be abused. I've been pulling back some, putting my phone away a lot and just being present with my family and friends, especially my kids.

We are approaching week 7 of homeschool preschool. We've already had quite a few ups and downs, the biggest of which is a cold that knocked me out for nearly the entire last week. I can't really call in sick, but I can certainly simplify or take a rest day with my boys. That is exactly what we did. 

Last week Malakai had an unexplained case of hives. It was nerve-wracking to say the least. I tried to figure out what was causing it (still don't know) and how to get rid of it (my awesome sister ran to the store and got some benadryl). It was certainly a comedy of errors, at one point I got the boys out of a late morning bath,  Malakai's hives were worse, Desmond peed on me and then ran away to pee in his brother's room, and all I could do was laugh to keep from crying or screaming. What a weird day that way. There seem to be a lot of those with little ones in the house, it's surely an adventure. 

After the benadryl Kai totally passed out. I've never seen him so sleepy, Desmond wasn't a fan. He wanted his playmate back. Although he did enjoy trying to wake him up...



Late last month we started going to church on Wednesday nights for their "Kid Life" program which is life groups for children ages 3-5th grade. They also have the nursery open for babies, so we take the kids to their classes and then sit in the lobby and enjoy some uninterrupted conversation. It's been wonderful, and the boys love it. Between Bible studies and regular services we are at the church at least  3 times a week and they always ask for more. I couldn't be happier about that. 

In less than a week my baby turns two. I have mixed feelings about this, mostly disbelief really. Sometimes I still feel like I just got married 6 months ago, other days I feel like I've been doing this forever. I love our little life, the highs and lows and everything in between. We count ourselves blessed through trials and triumphs and I couldn't have asked for a better husband to be raising our children along side me. 

I never did get around to posting photos of Kai's "Rockin' 4th" party last July, I'll see about getting them from my mom to put them up here. 

Desmond's birthday party will have a transportation or "things that go" theme, as he is pretty obsessed with cars, trains, airplanes, and especially trucks. It has been so fun to watch him grow from my baby to my little boy this past year. I'll be sure to write more about him closer to his birthday next week. 

So that's just a few highlights (and low-lights) of things that we've been up to and had happen over the last month and what we have coming up soon. 

1 comment:

  1. How dare these kids keep growing up on us?!?! Sorry to hear about the hives - thats so scary!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site