Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Indoor fun

Oregon summer weather is always a toss up. We've had a lot of wet and overcast days lately, but I don't mind it much.

Today I decided to sort through some pins and actually try a new activity with Kai. Lately we've been coloring with crayons or the aqua doodle, doing puzzles, building towers, and watching an undisclosed amount of PBS Kids.

I remembered some things I pinned for homemade finger paints and homemade cloud dough. I gave Kai a choice and he wanted to make dough. The recipe I had called for 8 cups flour and 1 cup baby oil. We did NOT need that much, so we made it with 2 cups flour and 1/4 cup baby oil. I just love it when I can make something fun with things I already have on hand.

I found a wire whisk to be the best tool for mixing all the lumps out and distributing the oil evenly through the flour. Kai helped mix and we tried not to worry about the mess (Des was napping so he wasn't around to crawl through it). It took 2 minutes to make and now Kai is busy making "castles" in his big bowl of "cloud dough".

What pinterest successes have you had lately? I have had quite a few fails recently so I was pretty happy that this actually worked.


1 comment:

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site