Saturday, June 29, 2013

a little of both...

In case you missed my diagnosis on instagram, it looks like I am suffering from BOTH a sinus infection and seasonal allergies. I know, you all were on the edge of your seats waiting for that information.

I waited 3 weeks to see a doctor because I always get the "well, it's only been 2 weeks-so it's probably a virus". It drives me nuts because with our insurance we pay for every appointment that isn't a well-check. So I wait and see if the darned symptoms will go away and if they don't I cave and see the doc...most of the time.  I went in to a new doctor today and was rather happy with his style. I'm also pretty sure that he's younger than me, which is a WEIRD feeling.

He prescribed me some antibiotics for the sinus infection and a steroidal nasal spray for the allergies. I should be feeling better in a week or so. It's been a couple days and I still wake up with terrible sinus headaches. Thankfully allergy season is supposed to be coming to an end in the next week or so.

I'm still not sure what the reaction to strawberries was, but I'm waiting to eat them again until after the seasonal allergies and sinus infection are gone. Then we'll see, but I'm REALLY hoping it was just a weird trifecta, or perhaps I just had a reaction to whatever the fields were sprayed with.

During all of this, Malakai came down with an ear infection. Poor dude was having more ear pain than he's ever experienced. Usually he barely notices when he has an ear infection and we just check it because of other extreme symptoms. This time it was the opposite, he never even had any cold symptoms. So, it was most likely from the drainage he was also experiencing from seasonal allergies. He is also on antibiotics, and has been on children's allegra for quite some time. I'm not sure if it did any good, but he doesn't seem to have so many problems during or after being outside.

Here's hoping we can go into the rest of summer without being sick or suffering from allergies. The weather has been gorgeous and I just want to enjoy it!

Happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site