Monday, July 1, 2013

EASY No-Bake Granola Rounds

In an effort to make a quick and easy breakfast or snack, I went looking for a granola bar recipe. I found quite a few that I took from and sort of worked out with what I  wanted to use in mine. No-bake was a must as the temperatures have been rising and I don't want my a/c unit to have to work any harder than it already is. Plus, it's pretty difficult to use the oven in my teeny kitchen with two kids running around.



Here is the recipe for my No-Bake Granola Rounds

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup honey (or sticky sweetener of your choice)
1/4 cup or less chocolate chips

Stir the oats and coconut together in a large bowl. Then add the peanut butter and honey and stir until the oat/coconut mixture is evenly coated. Next time, I may use less honey as these turned out pretty rich. Although they pair with coffee perfectly. 

Most granola "bar" recipes call for adding the mixture to a square pan, so if you prefer this method use an 8x8 and then cut into bars when ready. I put mine in a muffin tin to make rounds instead of bars. That way I could just pop them out, no cutting. I pressed the mixture into each round and then pressed in chocolate chips on top. 



Let cool in the fridge at least 30 minutes to set, then cut or pop out and enjoy! I also stored them in the fridge to keep them firm. I'm not sure how well these would travel long term as the honey and peanut butter may get kind of melty when warm, but my husband loves eating them in the car on the way to work!

As always, let me know if you try these out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site