Sunday, March 16, 2014

15 weeks, baby P #3

{Kai insists on posing with me for bump pics}


How far along:  15 weeks, 3 days

How big is baby: approximately the size of an orange now, 4.0in, 2.5 oz

What have you been up to: We are getting out of the house more. The boys are still on meds for ear infections, but no one is contagious so we can actually socialize!
Maternity clothes:  I was pretty happy to not be wearing any maternity clothes when taking these photos today. There are very few regular clothes I can still fit in. Most pants are too snug to be comfortable and most tops are too short now.  



Sleep: I've been sleeping okay, I wake twice a night to use the restroom and that's pretty obnoxious. 
Milestones: less nausea + heartburn lately, hoping it lasts because it has come back before.
Best Moment: We went to Ikea yesterday + surprised the boys some goodies (more on that later)
Worst Moment: headaches + backaches, I'm getting both fairly often.
Food cravings: soups, brie cheese, and these AMAZING brownies my friend Megan makes. They have rum in the icing but she made me some with rum flavoring. So thankful for my sweet friends who spoil me! 
Food aversions: wheat bread is the biggest culprit still. This morning the boys wanted toast for breakfast, Ben made it and the smell filled the room. I was miserable.
Symptoms: I'm at the end of a cold and the beginning of allergy season so I'm trying to get all those symptoms under control because they aggravate my heartburn + nausea that should REALLY be gone by now, please + thank you. 
Movement: nothing too consistent, but I feel the baby at least twice a day. Mostly when I'm finally able to sit still. 
Gender: we'll find out April 10th! Less than 4 weeks away!
What I’m looking forward to: It may be weird but I'll be glad when I've grown more to fit maternity clothes better. It's so frustrating to get dressed when regular clothes AND maternity clothes don't fit. Thanks to generous friends + family I have some clothes that I'm borrowing and were given to me that have helped. It seems most of what I wore previously is still rather large and some is worn out from frequent wear. 
What I’m nervous about/praying for: Malakai's chronic ear infections. He'd maybe get them once a year before, but he's on his 4th in a row now. This last time the meds healed the infected ear but the other one was infected when we went in for a check. It's so frustrating to see my sweet boy in pain and I'm really hoping to avoid more medicines and any interventions. We see his Dr. tomorrow afternoon and I'm praying this ear infection is healing up and that we can be done after these meds! He is also having some hearing loss and I'm praying hard that it isn't permanent. 
What I miss: I don't normally miss foods or drinks that I can't have while pregnant, but tonight we had baked brie and a nice white wine sounded so good!
Next appointment: This Wednesday for my 16 week check up, nothing too exciting. 
Weekly Wisdom: Take advantage of bursts of energy, and let your friends help you when they offer! It's humbling sometimes to accept help, but it's such a blessing!



4 comments:

  1. You look great! Love that color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been gravitating towards this color lately, I appreciate the hand-me-over ;)

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness you and your bump are darling!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site