Wednesday, April 8, 2009

sick and venting about it

I've had a mild cold on and off that would get bad for a few hours or a day and then taper off...for the past two month. My husband's has been the same, and he finally got worse on Monday. He went in to the Dr. and they gave him antibiotics for a sinus infection. I had him ask about what I could do if I get sick, being pregnant and allergic to all the main antibiotics (amoxycillin, penacyllin...). They said that I should come in if I had his symptoms and they'd perscribe something that I could take. I was hoping they wouldn't say that...I don't want to have to pay another $25 co-pay!

So yesterday I had a sore throat that got worse as the day wore on. I was blaming it on allergies and praying that I wasn't getting sick. I woke up this morning with a frog-man voice, so I'm definetly sick in a bad bad way.

All I want to do is drink tea...but pregnancy complicates my options there, as it does will EVERY THING!I looked up my options and they are quite few. My husband runs the bookstore/cafe on the University campus that we both work at, so I was hoping he'd find me something but they have limited tea options. There's a Starbucks down the street but their teas have a million different herbs in each. I just want a simple tea with just peppermint or just cammomile....apparently that's too much to ask for.

Also- I'm stuck at work. First of all, because I don't have any sick days left. I could use vacation time, but I'm the ONLY person in my building right now. So... it's not an option. Two staff members are on vacation, two are working on a photoshoot and will be in and out all day and the other is the front desk person who I happen to be covering while she's at the dentist.

Somebody shoot me? please?

1 comment:

  1. Ginger worked for my bad throat during winter - Japanese stores have candied ginger that tastes gross but gets rid of the worst scratchiness.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site