Thursday, February 5, 2015

How I Started Using Essential Oils



A little over a year ago I started sampling essential oils with the advice of a friend. The biggest impact was a calming blend. My boys struggled to get to sleep and stay asleep at night. I mixed a few drops of the calming blend with unscented lotion (or coconut oil) and slathered it on their feet and the back of their necks at bedtime. In the beginning they did drift off a little faster, but Desmond would still wake in the middle of the night. Ben would reapply (we started using a roller with fractionated coconut oil which was much easier) and Des would ease back to sleep. After a while, he didn't wake at night anymore.


Later I started using the calming blend as well when I found I couldn't fall asleep because my mind was too busy to slow down and let me rest. It helped me fall asleep faster. Then Ben's sleep "antics" started to become a problem (he's been a sleep walker for a long time, especially when he's very tired). Neither one of us was getting enough sleep because of his frequent and jolting night waking. He decided to try the calming blend first and it worked! He falls asleep quickly and sleeps more soundly all night.  All of our initial experiences were so positive, I just couldn't wait to try more essential oils! 

That's just one small part of my testimony for essential oil use. I will share more in posts here and there along with tutorials for homemade products using essential oils and other ways to use specific oils and blends. 

I would love to  help you try essential oils for the first time or add to your collection. Head to my essential oils page for more information. Contact me to get started on your wellness journey!

Disclaimer- This information is my opinion based on my experiences and resources. Please use common sense and the advice of your qualified health professional when making your health decisions. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.  
We use essential oils because of the health benefits we've seen in our family.  Every person is different and you might not experience the same results, although I truly hope you will! 
Thank you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site