Friday, November 13, 2009

Halloween to Christmas

Every year it seems that Holiday decorations come out earlier than the previous year. I saw Halloween Candy out in August at Target this year and was really confused. I wasn't even thinking about fall, let alone Halloween!

Before Halloween was even here, Christmas decor started popping up all over stores. yikes!

It doesn't really get me excited that early...it just makes me feel like I should be getting shopping done and then sparks the conversation about where in the WORLD will we be putting our tree this year? (the previous location is taken up by furniture that used to occupy Kai's room back when it was the spare room). We MUST have one for Kai's Christmas. The living room is MAXED OUT...the dining room could be rearranged since we barely eat in there anyway...but then the decor would be mismatched with the colors of my Christmas ornaments. Yep, I'm ridiculous. Apologies for the rant.

Anyway...It's not even Thanksgiving yet and I'm already worrying about Christmas. What on earth am I going to get for my husband? How much should we spend total this year? Where are we gathering and how can we make as few trips as possible now that we have Kai to cart around?

I'm still trying to figure out if it's a good idea for us to go to the annual Thanksgiving gathering. I'm not a paranoid person, but I am protective over the ones I love. With the flu going around I'm just not sure if it's worth risking Malakai's health. Is that silly? There will be upwards of 30 people there and I don't really want to chase my child all over the place insisting that everyone sanitize. We see Kai's pediatrician on Tuesday...so I'll be chatting with her about this then.

This is sort of a rammbly blog...I keep coming back to it after tending to Henry and his high pitched squeals (not happy ones, you should hear his shrill screams, they make me cringe every time). So my train of thought isn't exactly running all that smoothly.

I'm sure I'll have a better entry after the interesting weekend we're about to have. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site