Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday: home edition

21. I'm so thankful that God orchestrated everything from my in-laws gift of a downpayment to a realtor that we can trust who found our new home for us.

22. My parents who have let us rent out the home where we currently live for three years. I love this house and it will be hard to say goodbye- easier though because it's still in the family.

23. That I am staying at home with Malakai so I can get things done little by littler during naps. I'm not sure how smoothly this move would be if I were working full time.

24. Frequent visits with my mom while she does some touch ups to the house in preparation for new tenants.

25. my amazing realtor who keeps giving us little gifts like a Red Robin giftcard to celebrate, and a garage door opener because the sellers couldn't find one. She has gone above & beyond through the whole process.

26. Our mortgage officers checking in with us weekly, and sometimes more to make sure we are up to date and understand everything that is taking place.

27. An old high school classmate, a friend from church, and my cousin for providing us with all the boxes we could need for our move.

28. How things are working out so perfectly in terms of money. Getting our cleaning deposit back, not making a house payment til May, and qualifying for the tax credit are all going to be very helpful in getting us back on track with our savings (that all went to Kai's birth).

29. Purging the excess stuff and how freeing it can be. Not to mention the extra cash we made at our moving sale and our ability to give quite a bit of clothing to a local group that ministers to homeless teens. I'm sure the kids will appreciate donations from a young couple.

30. Our new house. It didn't start out as being what we thought we wanted, but it's exactly what we needed and I can't wait to make it our own.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that everything with the house & move is going well!!

    I was wondering if you would like to be a guest blogger for me; I know that you are very busy & understand if you don't have the time but you can contact me at lance.mitzig@yahoo.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site