Wednesday, February 29, 2012

dating my husband

Somehow after having Desmond Ben + I have managed to have an even better social life than ever before. I never thought I would say that it's "easier" to leave my baby the second time around, but it truly is. It has nothing to do with being less attached, it's about being more comfortable. I've been around the block with Kai and learned that leaving the baby with grandparents to get a night out with my husband or some work done is a very good thing for everyone.

This past Friday night Ben + I went to a special event called The Gallery of Cupcakes, put on by our friend who runs The Sassy Cupcake (on the side of about a million other awesome things that she does). We dressed up, mingled with adults, and ate cupcakes for dinner.

null
{my new faves}

null
{the manly way to eat a fancy little cupcake}

Afterward we decided to stop and get some real food (although I could totally live off of those PBJ cupcakes, so good!) and sit down to chat about something other than work and kids, like an actual date. It was so good to have that time, just for a few short hours to recharge and feel like a couple again.

Special thanks to our wonderful parents and siblings for babysitting so we can do things like this on occasion!

3 comments:

  1. Awww I love this :) So glad you guys can get some time away from the boys to just enjoy yourselves and each other! I'm trying to "live in the moment" now and enjoy my time with Michael before it's split with kids, but I know I won't be able to fully appreciate it until after the kids come. Haha but I'm still trying! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important to have the alone time as a couple, and also as an individual.

    We try to have at least one date a month, and I try to have weekly times by myself or with a couple friends. It's become easier the bigger Liam gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dating is so important in a marriage & I am so happy that you guys got to get out for such a cute & yummy looking event.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site