Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful on a Thursday: sleep

Sleep has been a big issue in our house recently. Malakai is having a hard time taking naps. At 2 1/2 I'd question whether it was time to stop taking naps and just transition into quiet time in the afternoon BUT kiddo can't keep his eyes open after about 5:30. Last week he fell asleep reading books just before dinner and then again at the table.

Last night really took the cake. Kai refused to nap again and was really drowsy at 5pm. He got really cranky and was hurdling towards a total melt down. I whipped him up a grilled cheese sandwich because he said he was hungry. While I was cooking he sat at the table and zoned out, I put his food in front of him as quick as I could to get him to wake up, but instead this happened....


{If we're friends on facebook I'm sure you've seen this already}

I've never seen something so strange in my whole life. I didn't know it was possible to continue eating while asleep. My husband is a sleep walker and has some crazy stories, but none of them are this odd. I've seen kids fall asleep into their food or while eating, Kai did this just last week, but continuing to eat while asleep astounds me.

Anyway, all that to say that little mister is really keeping himself from getting the sleep he needs. Thankfully he passed out in the car on the way home from Grandma's after lunch today.

This week I'm thankful for...

981. my two boys, currently fast asleep, getting the rest they need.

982. Desmond sleeping through the night twice!

983. small group- I'm really enjoying getting to know people better.

984. a clean house (hosting small group is a great motivator to keep the house uncluttered!)

985. my tech guru- aka Ben.

986. a very productive week at work/home.

987. new shelves in my office.

988. crossing some projects off of my long to-do list.

989. getting to indulge my creative side here and there.

990. a happy and healthy family.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site