Friday, February 10, 2012

Desmond: 4 months

At 4 months Desmond is a very social baby. It's so easy to make him smile and laugh, I spend most of my day being a goof ball just to hear him giggle. He wakes up in the morning talking and cooing away, just completely happy.

null

He loves to watch other people, especially big brother Malakai. Kai has also just noticed that he's being watched and takes to entertaining Desmond. He's also been much more gentle, affectionate, and helpful with Des. He'll grab a burp cloth, or the boppy when I need it. The other night he grabbed Desmond's bottle from the counter after Ben finished feeding him, and said "I feed him!" and put it in Des' mouth. It was too sweet, and of course Des thought it was hilarious.

Desmond is growing faster than I can keep track of. We already have two full storage bags of his newborn, 0-3, and 3 month clothes. He is quickly getting too big (long) for his 3-6 and some 6 month clothes and fits really well in most 6-9 month things already! I find myself sorting clothes out of his regular rotation every time I do laundry.

He has been an amazing sleeper. Besides the colic he experienced early on, he goes down fairly easy at night and doesn't cry when he wakes to nurse. There are occasions when he keeps waking up just after we put him down, usually it's because he wants to keep eating. Once he's down for the night, he really only wakes up once or twice.

The bottle has been an interesting challenge for Des. He took to a binky really well, which is why we were so shocked he wouldn't eat from a bottle. My mom discovered a technique that works (holding him facing out while bouncing) and between her, Ben, and his mom we're getting him to eat from a bottle in more comfortable positions week by week. For now, he still refuses to take a bottle being cradled like when I nurse him.

He started reaching for and grabbing toys a couple weeks ago. Now he's a pro and is also grabbing at my hands while he nurses, my hair and for faces of whomever is holding him. He still loves to "stand up" on his legs and doesn't mind tummy time for 5 minutes here and there. He can roll over from tummy to back, so if he gets tired of it he just rolls to his back.

null
{visiting with Aunt Kristi}

Sweet Desmond is growing up much too fast, but it seems that's how all of the babies are doing it these days. It kills me that I hardly remember Kai as a baby anymore. Thank goodness for home videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site