Wednesday, June 17, 2009

36 week appointment

Technically I'm 35 weeks and 5 days...but close enough.

I had the Group B strep test done today. I'm praying really hard that it's negative. Ben and I found out at our birthing class that the hospital's policy is not to do any routine IV's during labor. I'm thrilled about this and being negative for strep B REALLY means no IV!!! I love that they promote natural hydration during labor. Since we are planning on a natural (med free) birth, I'd like to not have to worry about any needles or tubes at all. Anyone know how long the results take in general? I forgot to ask...

Doc also checked for dilation since I was 1cm 2 weeks ago and have been contracting daily since then. She said I'm between 1cm and 2cm. I asked if this could indicate that I'd go into labor sooner rather than later. I knew her answer would be "it's hard to tell" but she did also say that she's pretty certain I won't make it to my due date. That would be great, since her vacation is the week after my due date! There is no longer any concern with my going into labor now that I've passed the 35 week mark, although going to 37 would be ideal.

I have swelling in all the most lovely and comfortable places (sarcasm,sarcasm). My OB is so sweet and when she noticed she said "aw, you must be so uncomfortable." I adore her! Most docs and nurses I've encountered are so detached and don't show much compassion for the little things.

My belly is measuring small (nice to hear in terms of how I look, hehe), so she wants us to have a growth u/s done this week. Our appointment is on Friday. She's guessing that I'm measuring small from the outside because his head is most likely down and ready at this point, but she'd like to confirm with the u/s. I'm not too concerned, although I did just remember a friend of mine who had an early emergency c/s at 36 weeks because her baby wasn't growing any more. I'm really hoping that's not the case here! Pray for happy and healthy and normal delivery if you please :)

I'm now at home with my feet up waiting for Ben to finish mowing the lawn so he can make dinner. An extravagant meal of Stouffer's mac n' cheese bake...I'll update on Friday with the usual survey and our ultra sound results.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with your Grp. B test..I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!! It is nice to hear that you are sharing in the discomfort of swelling EVERYWHERE too & as I am thankful I am not the only one I am sorry for your discomfort!! Keep us posted on the u/s results even though I am sure everything is just fine.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site