Wednesday, June 10, 2009

contractions update

So I called my OB's office on Monday and chatted with a nurse who was going to consult with my doc. I get a call back saying they don't need to see me because the protein test is "good" for two weeks, so my regular appointment on the 17th would be just fine.
It was reassuring and frustrating at the same time.
I asked the nurse if I shouldn't call in between now and my appointment if I have 6 or more contractions in an hour since the doc doesn't want to check me out and she said I still should call and they would evaluate it each time. I don't get it...
Anyway, the past couple of days I've had 5 max in an hour's span. So I haven't called. If I have more, I'll call and request to stay home from work since at and just after work is when they are the most frequent/painful.
Today started of with less than the past two days and they hadn't been as painful. But I probably celebrated too soon because I'm already up to 5 in the past 2 hours. I just want to be able to walk at a normal speed and go up and down the stairs in my office building to get water and go to the bathroom like a normal human being!

In other news, Ben and I packed the official hospital bag last night. We just did clothes and toilettries and a baby outfit. Other stuff like our camera wouldn't be able to hang out in a suitcase in our trunk until the happy day- so we'll have another bag to pack when things get started if we're at home.

I'm pretty hormonal and grumpy today. For no reason really. I snapped at Ben when he dropped me off at work. I immediately felt like a jerk, especially because I walked away angry- which we never do. Good thing I have the most loving and forgiving/understanding husband on the planet.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you are having contraction issues; I am right there with you & get so confused & wonder should I call or not call?? Just trust your gut feeling & everything will be just fine!! Hope your mood is better & try to keep your chin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been rotten this week as far as mood as well. Getting a bit overwhelmed. :(

    I hope everything turns out alright!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site