Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stay-at-Home Wife

Today is day three since my last day of work and my stay-at-home status began. I didn't stay home today though. I tossed and turned all night and at 5am gave up and got out of bed. I then came to work with Ben. He manages a cafe so it's easy to just hang out with him while he works...the ironic part is the cafe is on the campus where I used to work so I basically came back to work only three days after I left. Only I don't have to sit in an office or do any work...but I do feel sort of weird being back after just having a goodbye party on Friday.

My first day at home on Monday was super productive. I did 4 loads of laundry, scheduled myself for a prenatal massage (I've had a giftcard since December), walked for 20 minutes, and scrubbed down the bathroom. I over did it though and my back was killing me by the end of the day.

Yesterday I was actually able to "sleep in" til 7am and then ran some errands before my massage at 10am. It was so great to get a massage and take time to relax. I went home and showered and took a long nap afterwards. It was a much needed lazy day. Ben and I went grocery shopping when he got home- we hadn't been for weeks. It's so nice to have fresh food in the house again!

The in-laws are coming over tonight and bringing dinner with them! I'll be cleaning the house up this afternoon and hopefully taking a nap to catch up on the sleep I missed last night.

1 comment:

  1. OH I wish I would have taken time off before LO's arrival...it sounds like you are getting so much done & I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site