Monday, February 15, 2010

pending!




SALE IS PENDING!

I can hardly believe that we are buying a house. It all happened relatively fast. Today overall was a rough day, but I'm feeling good about the decisions we made. 

Our initial offer was countered and was higher than we were expecting. We crunched numbers and made phone calls to our loan consultant and realtor. When all was said and done we decided it was safer to accept than to counter again and possibly lose the home. After doing so, I felt a little uneasy. I kept wondering if we should have gone lower. However, what solidified it for me was Katie's email. She sent us a link to the MLS site to show us it is now marked pending (it's the little things that make me smile) and also mentioned that the original asking price was nearly $20,000 higher than what we agreed to and that the selling realtor told her she had several more calls on it today. I feel like we made this choice quickly, but now that I know we could have lost the one house we love out of the dozens we've seen...I'm at peace.

So...here's some new pictures and some from the previous post with descriptions. 


This is the front of the house, the living room. It's lavender and we'd like to change that. 

We're currently at a loss for what color. I don't want to do white because that's boring, I don't want to do something dark because it'll make the room feel small and I don't want to do something too brown because our desk and piano going in this room are those colors.

Unfortunately we didn't get any good shots of the bedrooms (but I will when we go back this weekend). Down the hall all three bedrooms are along the right side.
This bathroom, THE bathroom, is on the left.


The family room and dining room with a view to the backyard. 



The kitchen is to the left of the photo above. It's little, but I'm used to little and this one is more open than my current cave.




I'm stoked about the smooth top stove and the dishwasher (cause we don't have one)


the hardware is outdated, but will be an easy cosmetic fix. 



The backyard is really spacious. 



and has a small covered patio just off the dining area



There's a great shed that Ben is thrilled about




and planter boxes that look cute... 



but I have no skills in keeping plants alive. I do have friends who are great at it though and willing to teach me the art of...greenery.

Needless to say, we are thrilled to be first time home owner's (although I know we have a long road ahead until it's official).

3 comments:

  1. That's so great! Congrats! The house is adorable, I can't wait to see what you do to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so GREAT!! I'm so happy for you! So close, praying everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new home too!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site