Wednesday, January 26, 2011

mama fail + a winner

This morning while I was getting ready, Malakai was playing with a toy in his crib. I keep some toys in the closet and only bring them out when I need him to be preoccupied while I get something done. Usually he's still sleeping when I get ready in the morning, but today he insisted on waking up at 6 am.

I kept checking in on him every few minutes. You see, ten days ago when Kai turned 18 months something switched on. He suddenly figured out how to climb, and how to use toys or what have you to climb even higher. So I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to climb the toy he had and get hurt. Each time I checked he was sitting quietly pushing the buttons.

Less than a minute after checking on him I  heard a thud. I dropped everything and came running into his room to find him flat on his back on the floor, head towards the crib. He had climbed out and fallen on the ground. I picked him up + consoled him, and then checked him head to toe. (when my brother was this age he broke his arm falling backward off of a stool, so I was freaked out). He barely cried and was ready to play.

Guess what he used to climb out of his crib (that is on the very lowest setting)? Nope, not the toy I was worried about, but his quilt his grandma had made him that is usually at the other end of his bed.

{Reason #37 why he's often referred to as "genius baby"}

He barely uses it, I just leave it in case I want to cover him up on a cold day while he's napping. Apparently he found other uses for it. By crumpling it up in the corner he must have climbed on top and somersaulted over the edge, landing flat on his back. Or he somehow landed on his feet and the force tossed him backward.



Later, to add insult to injury, he emptied some of his hamper and then somehow got a hold of the baby wipes and scattered them in about 30 seconds flat.

 {When I was taking this picture, I felt like I was documenting a crime scene.}

Anyway, I was feeling pretty low about the crib incident until I got some confirmation from other mama's on facebook that it happens to everyone. So, thank you. I'm just so thankful that Malakai wasn't hurt and that it's an easy problem to solve. His crib is now empty of everything except his small favorite blankie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And NOW on to announce the winner of the $40 gift code to CSN stores! The giveaway ended last night at 11pm. There were 81 total entries, but the last 3 were submitted after the deadline, so out of 78 entries our winner is...


Congratulations! I've sent you an email, please respond within 48 hours to claim your prize.

Thank you to everyone who entered, hang around for more giveaways, reviews + discounts coming soon. Plus, you know, the regular ramblings from me as well.






P.S. For those of you newly following Stories for Kiddos, be sure to read through the stories and leave a comment on your favorite one for Ben (my husband, for those of you who are new around here as well).

2 comments:

  1. I am glad little man is okay!! Smart kid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad your baby boy is ok! Sounds like you have a lot more fun instore ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site