Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday: just the two of us

Today is our slowest of the week, just Malakai + I at home. I plan on enjoying some one on one time with my boy. Once he goes down for his nap I'd love to sit around and eat pumpkin bread and catch up on all my blog reading. But, since the rest of the week has been and will continue to be such a blur, I have to catch up on laundry, dishes, and all other sorts of household chores. I'm okay with that, it's the job I chose.

With now having two part time jobs, I've found that keeping up with things at home is becoming more of a challenge. While having a messy kitchen, a bed full of laundry to fold, and turning the guest room back in to a catch-all space isn't my ideal situation, I still get to spend most of my days with my son and I am so thankful for that.

I'm also thankful for...

461. adorable galoshes that Malakai loves even more than I do.

{the big picture is one I found on my camera after Mima babysat yesterday, LOVE!}


462. the few moments I get to myself to update here + work on a few other hobbies.

463. the surprise blessings received when serving others.

464. watching Malakai catch on to new things so quickly- he's soaking it all up like a little sponge these days!

{we only "taught" him nose, the rest he picked up on his own} 


465. the rewarding feeling of Kai learning something that takes a little more time to master (sharing, not hitting, the usual toddler stuff)

466. a working vacuum, a broom + dust pan,  a washer + dryer and other helpful tools for getting things done around the house.

467. internet friends.

468. The time we got to spend watching the game with family, despite the outcome.



469. all 895 square feet of our home sweet home.

470. hearing my boy chatting to himself happily after a good nap/ night's sleep.

What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site