Friday, January 14, 2011

photo friday: point + shoot

It has been a while since I've done a photo post around here. Mostly because just about everything I post is riddled with photos. Also, I haven't actually sat down to organize my photos since August. I have a lot of work to do!

This week I don't have the usual Canon Rebel camera to work with. It actually belongs to my in-laws, but spends about 98% of it's time here with us. They went to the first game at the new basketball arena last night and wanted to take some photos with the zoom lens.

I haven't stopped taking pictures, but I've definitely been spoiled by the fast shutter speed and photo quality the comes from a SLR camera. These photos were taken with my point + shoot Samsung which is about 3 years old now.

This is the response I got when I asked Malakai to show me his teeth. He knows what teeth are, he can point to them, and he tries to say the word. For some reason, he just kept sticking his tongue out when I smiled at him with my teeth.

{funny kid}

Then he got a hold of this lid. He thought it was hilarious to look at me through it. He'd laugh even hard when I'd say "Does mama look funny!?" 

{"dehyuhyar!"}

This is the pathetic look I got after nap time yesterday when he wanted me to pick him up. How could I resist?

{"upbwease?"}

For about 4 hours this morning I had 3 toddler boys running around my house. We had Henry as usual, and also our friend from church, Jacob. Malakai will be 18 months this weekend and both Henry + Jacob are 20 months old. 

How cute are these boys?!

{ball pit fun + zoned out on a few minutes of "Ehlma"}

Be sure to check out Ben's latest story at Stories for Kiddos. Don't be shy, if you read around here or over at his blog, click the follow button to let us know you're there and leave a comment too!


Happy Weekend!

P.S. Bonus points for anyone who can translate Kai's words in quotes.

4 comments:

  1. When my brother was a toddler, I got pretty good at translating his kid-speak for our parents. Let's see if I've still got it:

    "There you are!"
    "Up please!"
    "Elmo"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it. Kristyn translated them first :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristyn, you got it! :) spend those points wisely?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha kristyn beat me to it, but I totally speak this dialect of toddler too!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site