Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Our Playroom

The day Desmond was born I took photos of our finished playroom and that morning I mentioned sharing them with you in the update I posted minutes before going into labor. 4 weeks later, here are the photos of the boys' playroom.

This is the 3rd bedroom in our house that was once a guest room, it's right next to our main living space so it works perfectly as an extension to that area. We felt the need for a playroom when Kai was too distracted by the toys in his room to go to sleep. Since we transitioned him into a "big boy" bed he started to play instead of go to sleep, which was inevitable.

Since Desmond would be in our room for around 6 months we didn't need a nursery just yet. We've decided to evaluate whether Kai is ready to share a room when the time comes. If not, we'll transition the playroom to a nursery. For now, I love having all Kai's toys (aka mess) in one place.

Photobucket
{Kai at his table and toy storage}

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
{word art that I made + framed}


Photobucket
{the back of the room + a close-up of a bulletin board I decorated}

The clouds with raindrops are decorations I had made for Desmond's baby shower, the pennants are made of ribbon + foam sheets from the Dollar Tree that I just glued to an old cork board. The football toybox used to be his Uncle Cody's, the glider rocker is from Kai's nursery. I'd like to paint the dresser at some point to match the rest of the room. The alphabet painting above it is something I made with watercolors because Kai really loves to find and point out letters, but I wanted something unique to our space. I'd like to eventually add some curtains as we just have mini-blinds right now, but it's not a priority. 

So that's our playroom, when it's clean. Most of the time the floor is covered in toys. Pretty soon we are going to put away even more of his toys to help him focus on individual things when he is playing and to keep us all from stepping/tripping on things. 

3 comments:

  1. cute! I miss having a playroom, you guys were smart to do it this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all the personal touches of artwork.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site