Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas week has arrived!

I can't believe it's here...Christmas week! We have a very busy two weeks ahead of us. I'm not quite sure why we packed our schedules so tight. It's mostly fun stuff, but I'm already exhausted!

Monday (12.21)

  • I finished wrapping Ben's presents and picked  up a few messes around the house. 
  • As soon as Ben got home at 4:30pm we headed over to his best friend's house for dinner with some friends. Luckily I already had the salad and drinks we were asked to bring, I don't know where we would have found the time to shop! Malakai did great up until about 7:30 when he had been up for 3 hours...so home we went. 


Tuesday (12.22)

  • Today I need to fold the clean laundry and wash Kai's clothes. I want to make sure I get his Christmas outfit ready in time. 
  • Tonight we are visiting Ben's Grandma to check out her new house and get Kai's Christmas gift. 
  • Then we are headed to Target to return the Christmas PJ's that don't fit and some other gifts I go purchased that we won't be giving after all. Then Fred Meyer (which might be a local store?) to exchange the reindeer PJ's from my Gram for a smaller size. 
  • We'll pick up some french bread for dinner
  • 6:30pm dinner with one of my college roommates and her husband. 
Wednesday (12.23)

This was supposed to be our day "off" to relax, but we have more errands to run before Christmas that wouldn't fit anywhere else.
  • Exchange Ben's electric guitar DVD from my Gram for a new one, the case is broken.
  • Return my FIL's present since my SIL already got him a Rosebowl T-shirt (no idea what we'll get now) Sadly, this errand is at the mall...we may not survive!
  • Shop for remaining two people on our list- MIL & FIL
  • Wrap gifts for Malakai and the rest of our family
Thursday (12.24)
  • Ben works a half day, so I'll tidy up around the house in preparation for Christmas day.
  • 1pm we'll head over to his parents' place for Christmas with them and his siblings.
  • 9pm ish we'll head home and do our Christmas eve traditions of exchanging pj's and we'll start the tradition of reading "The Night Before Christmas" to Malakai
Friday (12.25)
  • Ben, Malakai, & I will do our Christmas morning gifts from each other and our stockings from "Santa"
  • 2pm my immediate family will come over and exchange gifts
  • 4pm we'll all head over to my aunt's house for the big Christmas (30+ people) dinner & gift exchange
Saturday (12.26) Possibly and ACTUAL day off...but we'll see if that happens

Sunday (12.27)
  • 1pm Christmas with my dad's side of the family at my parents' house
  • 2:30pm my mom & Ben are hosting an early birthday party for me
Monday (12.28) 
  • Ben goes back to work
  • I'll figure out where to put all of Malakai's gifts in our teensy house
  • We have another evening "off"
Tuesday (12.29) 
  • My Birthday- I have no idea what's happening, but I'm assuming Ben is working as usual and then we'll be doing something after that. 
Wednesday (12.30) no plans
Thursday (12.31) no plans- but we need to make some!
Friday (1.1) Rosebowl at the in-laws place.

WHEW! So... now that I took the time to write all that out I feel like I need a nap. But, instead I'm off to do laundry.


2 comments:

  1. My goodness you do have a packed schedule & good luck at the mall today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your birthday is extra special!

    Wishing you many wonderful memories + moments in 2010,
    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site