Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Wish List

Ben is out finishing up his shopping for me, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some items from my wish list. My list is long, but my birthday is 4 days after Christmas so it's a combination of my desires for both occasions. 




For my kitchen: 
all photos & prices from amazon.com


A mandolin slicer- this one is expensive (Kitchenaid $49.99) and I'd settle for the much cheaper Sunbeam ($12.99)

A new kitchenaid teakettle ($29.99) I have a red teakettle but it's more on the orange side, this one would match the rest of the red appliances I have (which are a Hamilton Beach toaster oven & a Kitchenaid mixer)





A box grater ($19.99). This is actually more for Ben than for me in that maybe he won't complain about grating cheese with our current grater if we had this.





A kitchenaid pizza slicer ($9.99). Our current one was probably found in a dollar bin somewhere. The blade is chipped (how does that happen?) and the handle is falling apart.








Electronics: (my husband isn't allowed to buy from this section anymore)


A card reader for adding photos to my computer. The Canon Rebel that we borrow from my FIL doesn't connect to our computer so I am using our point and shoot digi cam as a card reader at the moment. This one is $9.99 on Amazon




And today I realized I would like a micro SD card for my phone (the enV2) because I keep running out of space for my photos (mostly of Malakai) and get tired of texting them to photobucket so I can make room for more every time I want to take a photo. This one is just $12.99 at Bestbuy.com 




Apparel:


A variety of tops from Target including this one, which was $12.99 when I added it but is probably on the clearance racks by now.






And these lovely items from Old Navy




a v-neck hoodie in green $12.99


a pretty little lace cami $10


a colorful scarf that was $12.50 when I added it- now on sale for $8




and I'd also like some skid free socks (no photo) to keep me from sliding around our wood floors.


Books:
(all photos & prices from Amazon)



Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures (Paperback) $14.93 (read about this on Heather Armstrong's blog, Dooce)












The Attachment Parenting Book : A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and Nurturing Your Baby (Paperback) $10.07








The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two (Revised and Updated Edition) (Paperback) $14.29




The Toddlers Busy Book: 365 Creative Games and Activities to Keep Your 1 1/2- to 3-Year-Old Busy (Paperback) $9.95






Household & Miscellany:


Navy & Charcoal bath towels...from wherever, as long as they are large & fluffy












A shadow box ($24.99) for our orchid leis from our Hawaiian honeymoon that are still beautiful, but hidden in a shoebox somewhere...







A purse organizer $19.99












Double Hang Closet Rod $14.99 for our TINY closets that need a lot of help





Red Curtains for our bedroom from anywhere (the curtains that came with the house are light purple with pink squares where the sun faded them)







Dark brown floating shelves to put the breakables up high as part of our baby-proofing efforts, again, from anywhere..





Correcting Smoothing Primer from Sephora $18







Matte Top Coat $10 makes any nail polish matted!







And finally-


Etoile Three-row band ring from Tiffany only $7,975!



Haha- yeah right! That last one was inspired by Ben's "ridicu-list" where he added things to his list like a $4,000 flat screen tv and other amazingly expensive items that we can't begin to afford.


So hopefully my list inspired those of you who are like me and have no idea what to ask for every year. If not, hope you at least enjoyed getting to know me a little better through my wish list.








2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I think I need to add that ring to my wish list too!! Heck, I'd just like to have the $8,000 in my checking account! :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm especially loving that green, v-neck hoodie and the first year frame. Oh, and that Handmade Home book looks soooo good. Did you read her first book, by chance?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site