Friday, December 18, 2009

mama friends

My college roommate and one of my best friends, C just left after staying over last night...and I'm kicking myself because we didn't get any pictures. That is SO not like me, but I think I was just so into soaking up her company while she was here that I didn't think to whip out the camera.
I mean, usually this is what I look like-


Most of my best friends live in Portland, which is a two hour drive from us. Not so far that we never see them, but far enough that I miss them like crazy. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but sometimes I get lonely for adult interaction, especially with my close girl friends. Contrary to how much I share on this blog, I am the type that has a few close friends and a lot more acquaintances. Also, none of my best friends have kids yet...so that's something that has made the gap a bit bigger.  I do have one other SAHM friend and we've been getting to know each other better, but her little guy is 10 months older than Kai, and our house isn't baby proofed for a toddler so they don't come over here now that he's walking. I need to get on that- any suggestions for where to even START?

Anyway- I need to hang out with friends more...it makes me wish we had a second car. There's no way we could afford that, but it seems like it would make things easier on us. C took us to Target today and it was so nice to get out of the house and get a few things done during the day. I got some Christmas shopping out of the way and got to stretch my legs a bit.

The weather here has gotten more mild and I really would like to go for a walk, but our stroller is in the back of the car that Ben has and I have a lot to get done around the house today before I go out tonight.

Tonight I'm going to see The Nutcracker with my mom, sister, and aunt. I'm excited to hang out with them and to see the ballet. I haven't been since my grandpa took my sister and I when we were little. What do I even wear?


1 comment:

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site