Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the laundry can wait


There are so many groaning and whining noises I'm making that perfectly express my frustration right now, but I'm not sure how to spell any of them and I don't think it would get the point across.

Maybe this?



Woke up with a headache this morning after pulling Kai into our bed at midnight. He is having trouble sleeping by himself again. I really don't mind bedsharing but he's a big boy and our bed is really too small for the three of us to sleep comfortably and safely at the same time. So of course I sacrifice comfort and twist myself around him. He slept great minus the ten thousand times he woke up to nurse.

I put Malakai in the swing to play so I could make coffee and eat breakfast...the batteries were dead. No biggie, unlike Henry he doesn't mind sitting and playing in it without the swinging part.

I went to the kitchen and I was innocently washing the coffee carafe when what I thought were spilled coffee grounds started moving.

ants!

We live in an old house (60+ years) and we've had ants a couple of times, but never this many at once. Granted this time it was probably our fault (the sink is piled high with dishes), it's still super frustrating. I also don't do well with bugs...so I squealed and grimaced as I tried to smash them all and get out the ant traps.

I texted Ben, who was in a meeting, and he offered to come home on his lunch break. He's my HERO! He even brought me a coffee and then proceeded to kill and clean up. I haven't seen an ant since he left about an hour ago.

Then Kai wouldn't go down for a nap. He's had difficulties staying asleep, but I've never had issues getting him to fall asleep until today. He was whining and fussing and trying to wriggle his way out of my arms. So I let him wiggle a bit in his crib and then tried again...same thing. I finally gave in and swaddled his arms- and he passed out in less than two minutes! Sweet little bean.

Now the house is quiet and I have chores to do, but I'm too exhausted so I'm going to finish my coffee and read some of my favorite blogs.

The laundry can wait.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you had such a rough day....get some rest & hopefuly tomorrow will be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, ma'am...that laundry can wait! we live in an old house, too and it never fails in the spring every year we get a few ants...grrrr!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site