Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday: quick moments

This week has flown by super fast. I think my new work schedule is a big part of it. It's been difficult to time Malakai's naps just right  for being gone even for just 2 hours, because it's in the middle of the day. If only he'd nap away from home!

This morning was better though. I have a feeling most of my days would be better if I got out of bed earlier. I need to kick my old habit of sleeping when the baby sleeps...even though he's still not sleeping all the way through the night. I think next week will be a good time to kick off our trial of The No-Cry Sleep Solution.

So I have a few moments now that Henry is asleep and Malakai would rather play on his own than with mama. He's "reading" a book to himself.



This week I'm thankful for:

211. sunny mornings with cute little boys in their funny little bucket hats

212. leftover birthday cake for breakfast {it's banana cake, so it's healthy!}

213. love letters from my husband

214. successful nap time {for the babies}

215. Trader Joe's Maple Leaf Cookies...almost as good as maple donuts.

image cred.



216. the 5 steps Malakai took at his grandparents' house last night.

217. Ben's willingness to ride the bus when he needs to {we only have one car}


219. my in-laws for babysitting this weekend so we can finally get the rest of our boxes unpacked! {hopefully we get as much done as we want need to}

220. prayers over family dinner + reading chapters from James before bed. 

What are you thankful for this week?






PS don't forget to enter my Seventh Generation giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. That picture of your kids playing is priceless. SO beautiful! I hope you are able to get lots of boxes unpacked this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love babies in bucket hats!! Then i started drooling over those maple leaf cookies.. i LOVE trader joes.. and then i proceeded to almost barf at the coconut creme coffeemate (Im allergic to coconut) haha Good luck unpacking the rest of those boxes girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss bucket hats! Our boys have to be just like daddy in ball caps now--although we manage to sneak cowboy hats in there for our middle boy these days.

    I've been skimming through and I'm looking forward to following your blog more closely!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site