Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blog Hop '10

I'm not at BlogHer.  I never even considered the idea of going. A lot of bloggers I follow have been chatting about it for months. Nobody offered to sponsor me and to be honest I probably would have declined anyway. There are a lot of reasons, and I hope those who went are having fun but it's just not for me. 

Anyway, I  thought it'd be fun to join the Blog Hop for those not in NYC right now. The rest of this post is borrowed from a previous blog hop. 

My name is Shandell, but everyone close to me calls me "Shan". In fact, on the rare occasion that my husband {Ben} calls me Shandell it's worse than that feeling when your mother breaks out the middle name. Anyway, we got married in 2007 and our son Malakai just had his 1st birthday on July 16th. I am a devoted yet fatally flawed follower of Christ, teacher, learner, homemaker, photo-taker and procrastinator.



I started this blog under a different title when I was about 4 months pregnant in February 2009. Shortly after my son was born the previous name no longer fit and wasn't as unique as I thought so I changed it to Breaking New Ground as at the time we were experiencing many new trials, tribulations + triumphs in our lives. And just as life imitates art {or is it the other way around} we haven't stopped experiencing new things one after the other since then. I think it's called parenthood?

In the last year 2 years my husband quit a job, got a job, lost that job and got another job. I had a pretty eventful pregnancy from a scare at 14 weeks, an ER visit at 20 weeks, left my job at 36 weeks followed by  a month of long exhausting early labor before the little man decided to grace us with his presence. Once he was here we barely settled in before having to worry about possibly surgery not once, but twice. Currently I'm a stay at home mom, make my son's baby food, watch my former boss' son part-time, and just 4 months ago we bought a home of our very own.

For more on who we are I recently wrote these posts about BenMalakai, + myself. I hope you stick around so we can get to know each other. Don't forget to follow me on Google Friend Connect  and twitter. And of course comment on this post to let me know you stopped in.









6 comments:

  1. Always glad to find a fellow Christian mommy! Nice to meet you. And I really like your blog title. Very thoughtful and I bet it never wears out it's purpose! Family life's always one adventure after another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is adorable! I'm not at blogher either this year. Home was needing me more.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you have been very busy!! Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stopping by from the BlogHop. I am also a SAHM, who is a faulted follower of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in from the BlogHop. It's good to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Hoppin by, You have been busy and blessed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site