Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday: almost Friday

Thankful on a Thursday is one of my favorite things to type out during the week. I thought about it a lot yesterday and then when today got here I was so busy that I forgot about it until now, and it's almost Friday!

Today was such a good day, and it's also been a pretty good week. I had one of my toughest stay-at-home mama days ever on Tuesday, but learned a lot about myself and my God.

This week I'm thankful for:

251. that in the midst of my lowest point, I can call a timeout and put my trust in God to get me through. I don't know what I would do without the ability to lean on his strength, I'm so weak.

252. yet ANOTHER pregnant friend. {This weekend we're getting together with 3 other couples and I'll be the ONLY non-pregnant female...crazy!}

253. an impromptu BBQ that turned into the first time we've had friends gather for dinner at our "new" home.

254. Malakai's personality shining through. Today he was mimicking a grimace at one of Ben's friends, they were having so much fun. He also pretended to talk on the phone for the first time ever...


255. the sound of my husband doing the dishes in the other room. I LOVE waking up to a clean + organized kitchen.

256. being able to get so many errands done this week instead of stressing about not working.

267. getting together with friends. On Wednesday we went to the park  with a friend from college and her two little ones in the morning. Later that afternoon we went to visit with another friend, she showed us how to can applesauce and sent us home with 4 jars for Malakai.



258. epic naps that allow me to get laundry + cleaning done. {3.5 hours today!}

259. speaking of sleep, I'm also very thankful that Malakai fell asleep on his own for both naps yesterday. It didn't continue into the night, but was a nice break for a worn out mama.

260. letting go of the high expectations I have for myself and allowing others to see my house in it's true state of disarray as we figure out where things from the move need to go.

What are you thankful for this week?






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site