Friday, October 1, 2010

first haircut

I was so, so, so nervous about cutting Malakai's hair. For weeks now I've been contemplating it, but would back down out of fear. A big part of my apprehension was that I'd be doing the job myself. I've cut Ben's hair exclusively for almost 5 years, so I have experience, but not with super fine curly baby hair. And not with MY son's precious golden locks.


It seems silly to put such importance on this little event, but it's definitely more about what it means than the literal act.

He's growing up. I don't like it much.

I mean...look at this transformation...


From sweet baby to little boy in just twenty minutes. He now looks even more like his daddy, which I never thought could be possible. 



I literally couldn't throw any of his curls on the ground as I cut them off I set them down on the table. I felt neurotic doing it, but I just couldn't bear to not keep them all. So now they're all in a little baggie. 


A keepsake to tuck into a pocket of his baby book. A reminder, just in case those curls never come back. 


8 comments:

  1. Oh how dear! He looks like such a big(ger) boy! I plan on saving Jacks hair too, whenever the first hair cut rolls around. Right now he is finally growing hair! He was bald for a while

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a big moment! I can totally see why you'd be nervous! But he is still so adorable... and looks so much older!! Too sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a handsome little BOY!! And I LOVE how the curls stayed intact the the baggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he looks a lot like Cody did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, I agree! If he had thick hair + a bowl cut he'd look exactly like my little brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's such a cutie! P.S. I think you have perfect handwriting!! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable, my boy has had one haircut, but more cause we wanted to then because he needed it - he really doesn't seem to have a ton of hair. You did a great job though - kudos on being the family hairdresser!!
    Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks so different! I hope his curls grow back.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site