Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Distracted

I'm having a really hard time concentrating these days. It's especially difficult when my little man wants to kick up a storm and I'm in staff meeting or having a conversation about my class load with my Grad school advisor. 
Speaking of...I went to talk to him today about my current class being the last one I'll take in the program before the baby is born. I'm halfway through the program, so I want to take a year off and then go back after that. He's trying to convince me to take one more class after the 8 weeks I'll have in the one that starts on Thursday.
I don't know if I can do 16 more weeks of classes and I don't think I want to be in class during weeks 28-36 of my pregnancy! It's only once a week (from 5pm-8pm after an 8am-5pm work day), but add that to the fact that I'll be working, Ben has worship band practices and we only have one car, and try to fit in getting the house ready, registering, showers, birthing and breast feeding classes...I really don't want my schedule that busy! Yet, I still can't decide if I should take his advice and do one more class. 

On another note- my MIL offered to throw a shower with my SIL in May. She had me talk to my mom and sister to see if they wanted to do a joint one. Sounds like fun! It'll probably only be able to be family though, or it would be too big for one party. I'll have to find out if any of my friends want to throw one that I can invite all my girlfriends to. 

This weekend we are going  up to Portland for a wedding. It's Saturday afternoon and we're staying the night with a friend so we can do some shopping on Sunday. We don't have a BRU in town so we'll check that out. We're also going to take our first trip to the new IKEA and stop at The Container Store and the outlets for Motherhood, Carter's, and Gymboree deals. I'm not much of a shopper, but I am really excited to start looking at baby stuff with daddy-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site