Tuesday, April 13, 2010

a night out and a day in

Date night last night was a lot of fun. We parked between the restaurant and the theater so we could walk to dinner and then to the show. We spent a bit too much on food and drinks, but it's not very often we get to go out so we decided to ignore prices and get what we wanted. 

{Ben & the Don's Manhattan}

Lucky Noodle is such a fun restaurant, it's really popular and quite unique in it's Italian + Thai fusion. Ben got the pad thai and I got pan roasted halibut with risotto. After eating way too much we walked to the theater and settled in for the show.




The opener was a bit weird, and there were the usual Conan quirks, but it was a good time. My biggest complaint however was the volume. I STILL have a headache! It was kind of a late night as well, but something Ben and I really needed. We were exhausted when we got home, but in a good way.


Today Malakai and I are sick. I'm hoping it's just a cold. Thankfully we have his "well baby" appointment on Friday. Our insurance covers these but not sick appointments, so it couldn't come at a better time.

Kai had 2 or 3 colds when he was a newborn. One was at 3 weeks old and it tore me apart. Now that he's (almost) 9 months old it seems that it's harder on him now that before. He won't let me put saline or the aspirator in his nose, he gets frustrated when he tries to drink because of his congestion, and worst of all he's not sleeping well. 

For his naps the last two days I've been putting my pillow in his crib. We tried under the mattress like we used to when he was little but it just makes him slide down or roll to one side or the other. So, just for naps he gets to be elevated on my pillow and he is sleeping so much better. Plus he just looks too cute on a big pillow, doesn't he?


It's funny how parents can sometimes be hesitant to talk about how cute they think their own child is. I was working in the nursery at church last Sunday and these parents were talking to each other about their 17 month old daughter and how cute she was. I thought it was so sweet and it made me feel better about how cute I think my own child is, and less shy about saying so. I mean, look at him!









2 comments:

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site