Wednesday, February 9, 2011

tea, lemon, + honey

This has been my diet lately. Every couple I've been downing hot water with lemon + honey or chamomile tea to soothe this cough I've developed.

I started feeling a tickle in my throat and was in denial that I was sick. I didn't feel bad at all. No congestion, runny nose, or coughing. After a couple days the tickle developed into more and I started to cough on occasion, but was still feeling fine.

This past Saturday we had a birthday get together at our house for Ben. I was still feeling fine besides the tickle. By the end of the night, we were talking with the last few guests and my voice suddenly went quiet and raspy. I sounded terrible, it was so odd.

Because I'm stubborn, and I didn't feel badly, I was still convinced that I wasn't sick. I went in to work at the church, but stayed away from people, especially the kiddos, just to be safe. As the morning went on I was coughing and starting to feel a bit under the weather so I headed home early.

Here it is Wednesday and I'm admitting that I'm sick. I'm not miserable, I can function just fine although I'm a little tired. I have a slight cough, especially at night or when I talk a lot.

Sadly, this means that I'm not able to visit my cousin and meet her baby girl Delia,  who was just born yesterday morning. From the pictures on facebook, she looks just like her mama. I can't wait to see her in person and hear my cousin's labor story. So here's hoping I get better FAST!

It seems to be going around, anyone else out there sick and tired of being sick and tired?

2 comments:

  1. Meee!!! I have the worst cold and I hate it. I wanna put it in the creature box and ship it off to sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Megs, that's hilarious. Me too!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site