Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday: snow day

Well, sort of. It's surely snowy and more than we've had at once on the valley floor for the last two years but I guess a snow day is technically one where we're off work. Ben still went in to work this morning. I don't know how to drive in snow and we have quite a bit in our area so I opted to stay home from my one day in the office.

Ben + I stayed up last night to see if it would start snowing when the weather man said it would...and it did! We were like little children, super giddy about all the fluffy white flakes falling out of the sky. Every couple hours we kept waking up to see if it was still snowing.

This morning after breakfast I decided to take Malakai out to play in the backyard. Easier said than done. I had a really hard time getting him to cooperate with putting on his puffy coat and snow boots. I couldn't get his boots to go on over his footed jammies (for warmth since he doesn't have a snowsuit). So I had to strip him back down to get the jammies off and start over with other layers. We eventually got outside and he really enjoyed it...

{he wouldn't keep his mittens on}

{mama made this pathetic little snowman all by herself}

{constantly back + forth between the porch and the yard}

I had to snag a few pictures of the snow on our trees. We have a lot of little trees out in our backyard. These are the new little buds on the plum tree. 





This week I'm thankful for...

521. finally meeting my sweet 2nd cousin Delia, I can't wait to see her again.

522. a husband that will gladly go to the store at any hour of the day or night for this expectant mama.

523. finding a few things that work for the nausea that has become a constant companion (vanilla wafers, gingerale, popsicles, oyster crackers).

524. watching my son experience the snow, which is so rare where we live.

525. a safe work commute for Ben (praying he gets home safely as well)

526. a little more energy this morning than I've had all week.

527. discovering Pinterest and de-cluttering my bookmark bar.

528. hearing Malakai "read" to himself. My new favorite thing.

529. the plethora of hand-me-down shoes we received last summer, it's a gift that keeps on giving.

530. and always, this smile...


What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. A little more energy in the morning is nice. I can remember being preggo and feeling wiped when I got up. Glad you are feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see this, I:
    - Miss the snow and want to play in it
    - Remember the snow storm we had a couple of weeks ago and thank God for the rain we're having
    - can't wait to get pregnant and have a cutie just like you

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site