Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday: 500

Despite only working 1 part-time job now, instead of 2, things are busy as ever. With Ben's birthday yesterday, I was busy preparing his gifts and our night out. We went to a local theater that serves food and beverages in an intimate setting while you enjoy the movie. Ben loves movies, so I knew this would be the perfect spot to take him for his birthday date. We had a great time!

Now it's time to prepare for his party that's coming up this weekend. I've never actually thrown Ben a birthday party before. All five years that we've been together, we've just done something small with immediate family. I talked him into something different this year. I know birthday parties for adults are a little different, but it's a great reason to celebrate and have a bunch of friends and family over all at once, so why not?!

We're eagerly anticipating the arrival of 2 babies any day now. As I've mentioned, both my cousin Angela and one of my best friends, Jamie are due with their firsts on February 7th. I can't wait to snuggle their teensie little newborns!

I'm starting to think that life isn't going to slow down until I'm retirement age. I wish I was exaggerating! Still, we have many blessed reasons for being so busy and active and I'm thankful for that.

This week I'm also thankful for:

491. watching Malakai learn and be creative.

{miraculously no crayon was eaten in the creation of the above gift}

492. Giving gifts that make my husband smile like that. My goodness, he is handsome!

493. Being done with my taxes and looking forward to a nice refund!

494. God's provision in all things that we need, not just finances and human necessities but provision for needs at my job/church and in our family.

495. Having a job that is such a joy and an honor to do and that allows me to continue to stay home with my son, which has always been my ultimate dream job.

496. A boldness that I no doubt inherited from my parents. I have no problem making conversation with new people (thanks to my dad) and am not afraid of confrontation when I've been cheated at the check out line, on a medical bill, or what have you (thanks to my mom).

497. An amazing group of girl friends, most of whom need to live closer than the two hour drive that separates us.

498. a healthy household. None of us has been sick for quite some time now and I'm praying it stays that way.

499. photos and the camera that I wish was mine with which to take them.

500. the ability to express my gratitude in this public forum consistently for the last 50 weeks!

What about you? If you had to pick one thing from your week to give thanks for, what would it be?

3 comments:

  1. 500 things to be thankful for, I like it!

    In order to catch up, I'm just going to be thankful for you (and Kai) 500 times, mm'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing things to be thankful for! I love that you've made it to 500 things! How wonderful is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This inspires me to make a list of things I'm grateful for. I don't know if I'll actually get to it, but I'm inspired :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site