Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Saturday {and Sunday too}

We did our family celebration of Easter on Saturday this year for a number of reasons. Ben's mom and my dad both work graveyard so Sunday after church they needed to sleep. Speaking of church, since I work there and Ben was on the worship team and in the drama, we were all there til 1pm. Then afterwards Kai needs his nap.

I am SO thankful we chose to have brunch and do Kai's 1st egg hunt on Saturday because the weather was sunny, warm, and absolutely perfect. Sunday, it was cloudy, cold + raining almost all day. We also did his Easter basket on Saturday morning so he could use it for his egg hunt later.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got him his first Bible, a little bunny, sidewalk chalk shaped as eggs, and empty plastic eggs. I thought about it later and we could have put something like fish crackers or cheerios in them since I didn't want to do candy, but he was happy with the empty eggs. They were his favorite gift.

Once he was done taking them apart and putting them back together we all got ready to go to my in-laws house for Easter brunch with them and my side of the family as well. I decided it had been far too long since we got both sides together and it would be fun for both sets of grandparents to be there for Kai's 1st Easter egg hunt.

We had a great potluck brunch of rolls with turkey + ham, assorted fruits + veggies, deviled eggs, strawberry lemonade, and muffins. Of course there was also plenty of Easter candy. Afterwards Ben and my siblings "hid" the eggs in the backyard.

Malakai was confused at first and just ran around the grass. Finally Ben pointed out an egg and told him to put it in the basket. When he did everyone clapped and cheered and he was hooked. He found the rest of the eggs all by himself and had a blast being the center of attention.

Thanks to my mom and her artistic eye for all of the Easter egg hunt photos!

Photobucket

Photobucket
{daddy was the basket holder}

Photobucket
{the cheering section, and mama takes a turn}

Photobucket
{stopping to smell the tulips...really he was looking for eggs}

Photobucket
{afterwards he had to show off his collection to my brother's friend Haley.}

Photobucket
{Easter Seesters}

Photobucket
{the best attempt at a family photo. someone just wanted to run}

The next day, Easter Sunday, Ben left with a friend for worship practice at 6:30 am. Malakai and I left at 7:45 am to set up the classrooms and goodies for my volunteers. I was so blessed to have extra volunteers since there would be a lot of visitors to the church for the holiday. I thanked them by delivering coffee + muffins. Unfortunately I made the mistake of wearing wedges and with all the walking between the cafe, the sanctuary, my office (upstairs), and the two classrooms my feet were killing me!

It was so fun to see all the kiddos in their Easter best. Malakai wore a pinstriped vest + matching pants complete with a clip-on tie. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos, but I think someone else did. When I get a copy I'll be sure to post it. He looked like such a little man!

Worship, the drama, and the message were fantastic. We just love our church so much. I am so thankful that I am learn something and am challenged in my faith each and every week. 

How did you celebrate Easter?


"He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, 
just as he said would happen."

(Mat.28:6, NLT)












P.S. Don't forget to enter my current giveaway, ends tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a wonderful Easter!

    P.S. I'm having a fun accessories swap on my blog, I'd love for you to join in!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site