Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday: heartbeat

Today Ben + I had our first appointment at my OB's office together. It's actually my 4th appointment, but Ben hadn't been able to make it to the others. Quite a contrast since last pregnancy he didn't miss a single one (perks of working together).

It was just a routine visit, but Ben got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was much louder than at my last visit and doctor says it's nice + strong. Such a beautiful sound!

Afterwards we scheduled the BIG ultrasound which will be in 4 weeks! That's a week sooner than I thought it would be. Yahoo! Dr. M asked if I had any inclinations of whether I was carrying a boy or a girl. I have NO idea. I don't really understand how people can have a "feeling" about gender, but maybe that's just me. Either way we will be happy to really dig into planning for this little bean's arrival.

This week, it's obvious what I'm thankful for...

611. A strong heartbeat and the upcoming ultrasound.

612. Malakai's smooth transition into his toddler bed.

613. more energy and less sickness.

614. experienced mom's to talk to about Kai's upcoming surgery.

615. God's grace, mercy, peace, and provision.

616. weak decaf coffee w/ fat free french vanilla creamer + costco applecrumb muffins.

617. a husband that is stronger, more understanding, and much more patient than I.

618. grocery store giftcards = a fridge full of fresh fruits + veggies!

619. supportive readers.

620. tonight's "ladies' night" at the church to look forward to.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. I totally had a feeling that Liam was a boy. I was hoping for a girl, but just knew our BB (Baby Bergum) was all boy. I even told the ultrasound technician that before we started.

    I'm very glad we have a boy, but do hope we have a girl someday.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site