Friday, April 1, 2011

photo friday: finally spring

I've been agonizing over blog posts + facebook updates from those of you in warmer climates talking about your lovely weather and calling it "summer" already. In Oregon's Willamette Valley spring is a bunch of rain mixed with some sunshine (which makes vibrant rainbows), but mostly cold.

This week we were finally able to experience the spring that the rest of you have been talking about. Unfortunately yesterday I was feeling quite miserable so we stayed inside, but this morning we went for a walk to the park and played outside for a good hour and a half. It was warm enough for me to take off my sweater on the walk home!

We ate lunch with the back door open, airing out the house, and I felt too productive to take a nap wile Kai snoozed, so I worked on things for my job and calling doctors, nurses + schedulers to figure out Malakai's consultations + surgery stuff for the next couple of weeks. Plus, we're finally getting our flu shots! Well, I am, and Kai is getting his booster. We're so late that our doctor's offices were both out of the vaccines so we're going to Public Health.

Of course I grabbed my camera while we were out this morning and snapped some photos of play time at the park and a few things blooming out my front door.

Photobucket
{looking cool in daddy's shades}

Photobucket
{top left: asking me "please" for help...then he learned to go down by himself!}


Photobucket
{he loves to climb!}

Photobucket

{he kept putting the bark in the holes on the stairs, driving the car, sitting at the table}


Photobucket
{he discovered a stick, it was the most fun he's ever known}

Photobucket
{pink hyacinth lining the walkway to our front door}

Photobucket


Photobucket
{the first tulip}

What has spring been like where you live? 

Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site