Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful on a Thursday: December

I'm sure December is a busy month for just about everyone because of the holidays. Here is what our month looks like:
*starting work again this week
*Christmas shopping
*Christmas tree family outing
*church leadership meeting
*Children's ministry Christmas Party
*church staff Christmas lunch
*Ben's work Christmas Party
*Church Play/helping coordinate childcare
*Desmond's 2 month check-up
*possibly more doctor appointments to cram in before the new year.
*Family birthdays (including mine, 28 more days left of my twenties!)
*Christmas eve service and at least 4 different family gatherings over Christmas weekend

And that's just all the stuff I can remember off the top of my head. whew, it's going to be an exhausting month! November flew by and I have a feeling December will go even faster with everything on our calendar.

It's easy to get overwhelmed by how busy life can get. This week I have a lot to complain about, but I choose to count my blessings instead. I am so thankful for...

911. the privilege that is being a parent.

912. Desmond's sweet smile.

null
{Ben captured his little grin for the first time}

913. money-saving opportunities, especially at the holidays.

914. Malakai in his batman pj's. He's about a month late on the dress-up thing, but the cuteness was worth the wait.

null
{da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na...BATMAN!}

915. having our family live close by: we see both sets of grandparents just about every week.

916. the baby bouncer + binkies. Kai didn't use either, Desmond loves both.

917. getting Kai's big-boy bed tonight. (here's hoping it's a smooth transition from toddler bed to twin)

918. "me time". When Ben comes home I usually bake something while they play.

919. homemade gift inspiration (aka pinterest)

920. getting a chunk of my Christmas shopping done yesterday.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site