Monday, December 12, 2011

Desmond: 2 months

null
{santa baby}

Desmond turned two months over the weekend. It's pretty unbelievable how fast his newborn stage went. We literally just got back from his well-check and first ever immunizations. My big boy is off the charts for weight at just under 15lbs! In just 9 weeks he has more than doubled his birth weight! He's 23 1/4 inches (65th %) and his head is 16 1/4 inches round (77%). Needless to say,we get a LOT of comments on his size. It's funny how much bigger he is than other the same age or older. Dr. B called it when she said he's probably already in 6 month clothes. 

He met all the developmental milestones for his age: turning his head towards our voices, tracking with his eyes, lifting his head when on his tummy, cooing and smiling. He also reached a milestone for me yesterday by sleeping in his carseat after it was out of the car for the first time. It couldn't have been more convenient as it was my first morning back to work. I was planning on wearing him in the Ergo while I checked in on my classrooms and such, but being able to tote him in the carseat and set him down worked well too.

Both boys got shots today. Malakai got his flu shot and did great! I prepared him by telling him it would hurt but that it would be okay. He said ouch loudly and then he was fine. I am so proud of my brave boy! He also got a clean bill of health, no more ear infections!! So glad that $71 medication worked, phew!!

Desmond of course cried for his shots, and actually cried his first tears (which killed me a little) but the nurse was fantastic and did them so fast that he recovered by the time she put the last bandage on.

Then on the way out I had my first mama of two blunder. I couldn't find my keys! I had gotten Kai out of the car, walked him around to stand next to me when I got Desmond out and then Kai walked to the front door by himself so I hadn't locked the doors...which worked well since I had left the keys on the seat on Kai's side. Thankfully my car and it's contents were left untouched. I felt so bad, but I guess locking the keys in the car would have been worse!

Back to Des, he has pretty much outgrown his colic for the most part. He still has a few rough nights here and there but sleeps 3-6 hours at night between feedings. Dr. B said it would be fine for him to go 8-10 hours, but I don't see my hungry boy doing that any time soon! He did fall asleep around 8:30 last night and just stirred to eat around midnight. It was so nice to have some time to hang out with Ben before bed. He also can fall asleep on his own for naps occasionally.

His happiest time is in the morning. He is all smiles when he first wakes up and loves to be stood up on his feet to jump his legs off my lap. I think he is really close to laughing for the first time, he gets to cooing so happily with a huge smile. I am so excited for baby laughter to fill our house.

1 comment:

  1. what a hammy little guy! Glad Kai's ears are all better!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site