Tuesday, May 11, 2010

eating pretty

Why is it that when food looks good it usually tastes so much better? I even get more excited about what I'm eating when it's on our nicer dishes.

Tonight I actually started dinner early {usually I  wait til Ben is home to play with Malakai} and had time to prepare everything and make it look good. We had this wonderful bowl of deliciousness just a couple hours ago. On our nice set of dishes of course.

{excuse the photo quality, took these with my cellphone}

It's obviously super simple, but here's what I did in case anyone is interested.
Ingredients:
  • Seasoned ground beef (leftover from last night's soft tacos, I had cooked 1lb)
  • White rice
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 container favorite salsa 
Not pictured
  • sour cream
  • iceburg lettuce
  • tortilla chips
  • salt, lime juice + hot sauce to taste
Since I had the ground beef cooked already the bulk of the time was cooking the rice. For the two of us I just made one cup and we have leftover. While that was cooking I got the salsa mix ready. 

I love black beans so one day I decided to make a black bean + corn salsa. I didn't have all the ingredients I needed so I just emptied a can of corn and a can of black beans into a bowl with about half a small container of our favorite salsa. I added lime juice and salt and it was GOOOOOD! So I continue to cheat and make it this way because we like it so much. We usually use this mixture for dipping but this time I heated some up and put it on top of the ground beef. 



I cut up some avocado and added that to the top. After I took these pictures I also added some shredded iceburg lettuce and tortilla chips. When we sat down to eat we both added a dollop of sour cream and I added more salt and some hot sauce. So yummy and a great mix of veggies + proteins!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I'm literally drooling! Fast and easy - my kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! We make this at our house also, all the same ingredients but we add lettuce :) and sometimes frito chips (I do not know why)!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site