Wednesday, May 12, 2010

just down the street

When we first saw our house our realtor made sure to drive us by the park down the street on our way out. It's only 2 blocks from us and is perfect for kids of all ages. It has the typical playground equipment complete with a baby swing and smaller structures for the littlest ones. It also has a full basketball court, a huge grassy hill (that even I wanted to run up and roll back down), a field, and a sandbox with a water pump. So cool, right?

We finally made our first trip about 3 weeks ago when we finally had nice enough weather that lined up with our schedule being a little more relaxed. Right now the most Malakai can do is swing and play in the grass, but he absolutely loves the swing. It makes me heart swell to see him giggle while he's in it.


He laughs so hard that you can't help but laugh with him.






{I may have mentioned this before, but the shirt he's wearing here is one of my faves because Ben + I bought it before we were even trying for a baby. It was too perfect!}

The next day Malakai and I took our first trip to the park just the two of us. It was really sunny and I hadn't purchased sunscreen yet, so we spent almost all of our time spread out on my super huge beach towel in the shade of a tree.


 

I just love that the park backs up to a dead end street (no traffic!) and a beautiful orchard.



Since Malakai couldn't climb the play structures with the big kids, he climbed me and his stroller instead.



It was a lot of fun, but it's always more fun with company. So last week we went with some friends. 



{This is Haley, 13 months. Her mom Jessica and I met on The Bump when we were expecting these two cuties}

Today looks like it'll be another nice one. The perfect excuse to ignore the laundry and head back out to the park with my little man.

PS don't forget to cast your vote for Malakai P today and every day til 5/17!







5 comments:

  1. hilarious that our posts today are almost identical!! :) AND we have the same stroller! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voted for you little guy today again :)! He is adorable! Love the park photos, especially the one of him and his little friend Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that we have a park near us too! We aren't fond of where we live, but we really like that we have a park. I love the photos girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so cute! Looks like he loved the park! Bubbette adores the tree swing we have for her. She arches her back and screams when we take her out of it. uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! just found your blog through Twitter. I added it to my reader. Look forward to reading!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site