Saturday, May 8, 2010

my first mother's day

This past Wednesday Ben kicked me out of the house so he and Malakai could work on part of my Mother's Day present. I went out and did some shopping and came back 90 minutes later to my smiling boys. Shortly after I noticed a bright red mark on Kai's thumb and thought he was bleeding somehow. Upon closer inspection I realized it was marker or paint of some kind. I looked at Ben and said, "If you know what this is and it's non-toxic I'll stop asking questions". You see, he has a VERY hard time keeping secrets, especially when they involve something he is excited about. If I ask enough questions I can get him to spill the beans, but I happen to like surprises so I do my best to help him keep things secret.

Today we celebrated Mother's Day with my in laws and I found out what the red fingers were all about.
{TO MY MOMMY ON HER FIRST MOTHER'S DAY 2010- LOVE, MALAKAI}


It was my mother-in-law's idea to make this for me from Malakai. She also made one for his great-grandma on their side and herself. Ben video taped the whole process and I get to watch it tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be hilarious, I mean just look at those messy little handprints!

My boys are still holding on to a few more secrets. I have no idea what's going on after church tomorrow other than we'll eventually end up seeing my mom. And at this very moment Ben is wrapping things in the other room. I can't wait!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there. I hope that your children, your significant others, and the rest of your family and friends make it extra special and memorable for you like mine already have.

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable gift! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first Mother's Day is extra special. Hope you had a lovely day, but it seems like you did ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site