Monday, May 10, 2010

more on Mother's Day

I forgot to mention yesterday that my mother-in-law also got me these lovelies.



Stargazers are my favorite flower. She got some for my  baby shower for Malakai, which was around this same time last year but they were left behind at our rental so she got me another one to plant at our new house. Wish me luck in keeping them alive!

My boys made yesterday such a wonderful experience. I felt so special all day long and had a lot of fun.

Ben + I got up at 7am and had a relaxing breakfast while Malakai slept in. Once he got up Ben showed me the video of them getting Malakai to do the handprints on the potholder. Then there was more video of he and Malakai working on another art project. After it was over Ben pulled a gift out from behind the couch.


{Isn't Malakai cute in his Christmas PJ's in May?}



{I got teary eyed as soon as I saw it, oh motherhood}



Then we went to 1st service at church around 9am, worked in the nursery together during 2nd at 10:30am and afterwards Ben had another surprise planned. We went to Starbucks and got my favorite sunny day drink {iced caramel machiatto} and headed to the park to take a walk by the river. However, I was wearing high heeled wedges that were not made for long walks and Malakai had fallen asleep. We decided to post-pone the walk for another day and take Kai home to keep napping while we ate lunch. 

When we got in the car later that afternoon to head to my parent's place there was ANOTHER gift waiting for me! Ben had picked out an adorable top for Malakai (because he knows how much I love it when he picks out his clothes) and a giftcard for me that specified I can ONLY buy things for me with it. 

We spent the rest of the day relaxing with my family and celebrating my wonderful mom. Here she is with all her lovely gifts from us kids. Sadly I don't think we got a photo of her with all of us. 



And here is Malakai in much more appropriate attire for the spring season. 



We had a fantastic day and I was truly blessed by all the things Ben had planned for me. Then when I went to get into bed for the night there was one last thing waiting on my pillow. A beautiful card just from Ben. He wrote me a sweet note that brought tears to my eyes. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful man. I thank God for these boys every single day.

What did you do for Mother's day? How did you celebrate your mom, or get celebrated by your children?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful day! What a beautiful + thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site