Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday: loved

My house has just quietted down after twenty-some people gathered to eat, visit, and shower me with gifts. It was such a great time and I feel truly loved. I am so blessed to have such genuine + generous people in my life.

This week I'm thankful for...

441. a loving husband who goes above + beyond to make me feel special to him.

442. a fun + relaxing 29th birthday yesterday (more on that in a later post)



443. all our friends + family who came to celebrate with me this evening. I felt way too old to have a birthday party this year, but you all made it great!

444. the calm after the storm. It was a loud and crazy few hours, Malakai was running around like a little tornado. Now we're all in our comfies, Kai is fast asleep and it's quiet. shhhh

445. only 3 holiday returns. Besides an ill fitted pair of jammies I got for Ben, upgrading the blu-ray we received so we can stream Netflix, and exchanging a toy that was a little too big for Malakai, we got gifts that fit us perfectly this year.

446. leftovers. I won't have to shop until well after the new year thanks to the birthday leftovers from lunch out, ordering in, and today's gathering. love that.

447. a 5 hour fever. While it seems strange to be thankful for a fever, I was so glad and really surprised that it was so short lived. I came down with a low-grade 100.1 fever the night before my birthday, and woke up just a little achey, but fever-free.  God really does answer prayer!

448. you. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am so thankful for all my readers. You have turned my small part-time hobby into something much more than I would have ever imagined, and I'm so blessed.

449. our church family. I've come into my position at a particularly challenging time, but I am so blessed and amazed by the servant hearts I've encountered already.

450. Re-do's. We didn't get a photo of the 3 of us on Christmas day so we had a friend snap one tonight while the tree is still up. Looks convincing enough, right?



How is your week going? What are you thankful for?


1 comment:

  1. The picture is stunning & I have to say the photo of the champagne made me miss it for the first time since being pregnant.........I just have to settle for eating a piece of yummy cheesecake or two since it looks good too!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site