Thursday, September 8, 2011

to-do's...aka "nesting"

Yesterday I sat down with Malakai in the disaster that is his playroom and began writing out a to-do list while he colored. I've had a lot of things on my mind that I needed to get out on paper and I really wanted to have an organized list of things that we'd like to get done before little brother arrives.

On the list are small but very important things like writing out our birth plan and packing for the hospital. There are also very large projects like replacing our kitchen + dining room floor and the door to the garage, which actually go hand-in-hand. All things that get lost in the every day to-do's of having a toddler and maintaining a somewhat sane household.

I thought getting the list out in the open would help me visualize and start crossing more things off. Instead it stressed me out a bit. I did however do some laundry and some organizing in the pantry that even included labeling shelves.

Photobucket

I also thought that getting it out of my head would help me to fall asleep at night and stay asleep in the morning when I tend to toss and turn because of the myriad thoughts running through my mind. Unfortunately I was wide awake at 5am (I'm so attempting a nap this afternoon) which wouldn't be as bad if I could get to sleep before 11pm. Mama needs more than 6 hours of sleep!

Today I kept finding myself adding things to the list, which is posted in the kitchen in about the same spot where our master to-do list hung when we first moved in. I realized that I needed to stop adding to the list and just get the essentials done and be happy with anything we accomplish in addition to them. So I added ONE more thing to the list...


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. I had a list just as long when I was pregnant with my little guy. It did help to have it out of my mind but it was overwhelming too. I hope you get most, if not all, of your list done!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site