Wednesday, September 21, 2011

what we've been up to...

As I mentioned last week I've been keeping myself busy with items on my to-do-before-baby list like just about anyone in their 8th month of pregnancy. It seems whenever I get some good momentum something keeps me from moving forward. Mostly it has been my own physical limitations. After going to the chiropractor last week I was careful to no re-injur myself but my rib ended up going back out yesterday. I'm not sure if it's still out and it flares up or how all that works, but it's likely I'll need to make another trip to the chiropractor very soon. Sitting down to update around here is because I've been mandated by my husband to take it easy today as to avoid any additional injuries. I'm so stubborn determined that it may not last long. It's not like I'm being irresponsible or doing anything dangerous, just every day activities like unloading the dishwasher and playing with my son and whoops, excruciating pain.

Aside from being very busy with baby related things, I've also been keeping busy with toddler and birthday related things. Of course Malakai keeps us busy all the time and I try to spend all his awake time giving him the attention he deserves. During the day we play out back or at the park when mama has the energy and when Kai cooperates long enough to let me get him dressed. In the evenings we have some quieter playtime in the ever transforming playroom.

Photobucket
{jealous of my outfit?}


 During nap time I've been working on birthday presents. There are 5 September birthdays in our immediate family and 8 when you include our extended family. After 3 attempts I finally finished my brother's present...

Photobucket
{jersey-knit rag rug}



And then there's our house that seems to be falling apart around us. Our a/c has gone out 4 different times this summer for different reasons. We ran it all summer last year, a much hotter summer, with no issues. We also happened to have had a free year of home warranty then. Now that we don't have the warranty in place, everything is dying. The a/c is still out as we wait for quotes on a particular part and Sunday night our electrical panel got very hot and smelled like something was burning up. More money out of our pockets.

Last night we finished purchasing the "must haves" from our registry with the discount code (I moved my due date up so we could get the coupon from Target before baby). It was a really frustrating process because the discount wouldn't come off of all the things that were on our registry because they "reset" the baby section recently which apparently changes product numbers so they don't match even though I scanned the exact item when we registered months ago...say what?! The customer service gal was super rude about the entire thing and it just about ruined our evening.

I've been hoping to update about a lot of different things: the progress of the playroom (formerly the guest room), our garden, baby prep and other household related things but the time if flying by and my head is already spinning. We'll see how the next few weeks go...

1 comment:

  1. Isnt it amazing how rude peopel can be even when the problem is on their end! We didnt register, but I have heard that Target screwed up royally, sorry you had to deal with that!

    Im looking forward to seeing the playroom!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site