Wednesday, June 30, 2010

becoming a home

It's been way too long since I updated on the status of our new house. Mostly because it's been very slow going. 3 months in and we still have quite a few boxes. I know, I know, everyone keeps telling me it'll take a year or more to really settle and that they have unpacked boxes from 10 years ago in their house {yikes!} but I really wanted to throw a house warming before 2011!

Anyway, as of now there will be no house warming party. Perhaps we'll change our tune and throw one in the fall...after we've been here for 6 months. Is that allowed?

So here are some photos of our house "as is" meaning, I didn't clean up {aside from throwing the duvet over the bed real quick}. I even took photos before the dishes were done, gasp! Maybe this will help you see why this unpacking and settling in process is driving me CRAZY!


{the front room... we obviously don't spend much time in here as there is no room for people}

{our bedroom-there is a large dresser and vanity to the left and our closet is to the right}

{we got the cupboard up in the bathroom!}


{Malakai's room is the most put together}


{the guest room is a "catch-all" right now}


{living room}


{dining room}


{kitchen}


Yep, nothing on the walls yet. It's weird because I've gotten used to it. I'm so excited for when we get to the point where we can actual figure out where to hang things and really spruce things up around here!

For now I'm off to try to get photos for Malakai's 1st birthday invitation and then to pack for our camping trip this weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Luca's room is the only truly finished room in our house too. Sadly we've been here for 2 years now! Wait I'm lying the laundry room is done too! lol

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site