Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday: "Spiritual Calling"




Having some conflict this week with views on spiritual calling. In order to protect the parties involved I won't say much more.

Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

151. kind reminders from some twitter friends to focus in prayer when I alluded to the above situation.

152. the peace that prayer and God's word brings, even when understanding and resolution have yet to be reached.

153. the excitement that rises up every time Malakai stands on his own for 10 seconds.

154. love: the way it looks, the way it feels.

155. laughter: when it brings joy to a potential stressful situation, when it brings tears to our eyes and an ache in the belly, when it's almost silent because we don't want to wake the baby but can't help but laugh hysterically because Ben had chocolate sauce from his ice cream down his shirt and didn't notice til I hugged him and got it on mine too.

156. knowing what Ben is going to say before he says it.

157. healing: the way it looks, the way it feels.

158. new life: babies, weddings, graduations.

159. my mother-in-law's sewing talents


160. setting goals: we are going to try really hard to have a housewarming party by the end of the month, which means we have a LOT of work ahead of us.

What are you thankful for this week?









2 comments:

  1. I think I would have reacted the same way & I too would have been "hot" at a statement like that toward my husband but you just need to step back, pray & approach the situation with a calm mind.

    Everything will work out & your month sounds like it is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see how that situation would make you frustrated... heck I'm frustrated for you! Your family will be in my prayers. May God give you the wisdowm and peace about this.

    Oh and how exciting that Kai can stand! Even if only for a few seconds!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for responding, I love your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

certified site

certified site